High-end functions for the protection of cell cultures, bacteria cultures or tissue cultures.
Intended use of ICOmed as medical device
Especially for in-vitro fertilization, the precision and reliability of the CO2 incubator are of crucial importance as the slightest deviation in the CO2 atmosphere, temperature or humidity content during cultivation can already affect cell development.
Memmert subjected its CO2 incubator ICOmed to a comprehensive medical device evaluation. Each Memmert CO2 incubator ICOmed is classified as a Class IIa medical device for the in vitro fertilisation (IVF) as well as biosynthesis.
Memmert is bringing medical devices of class IIa into circulation according to MDD 93/42/EEC until 26 May 2024 according to the transitional provisions by the (EU) 2017/745 article 120 (2). The CE label on the appliances includes the mark 0197, denoting TRLP – TÜV Rheinland as the notified body.
- 4 model sizes (with a chamber volume of 56 to 241 litres)
- Temperature range +18 °C to +50 °C
- Setting range CO2 0 to 20 % CO2
- Setting range 02 1 to 20 % O2
- Setting range active humidity control (with option K7) 40 to 97 and rh-off
- Fail-safe, FDA-compliant logging of temperature, CO2, O2 humidity, open door time data
- Battery-buffered ControlCOCKPIT
- The operating display, logging and CO2 control are fully functional even during a power failure
- Visual and acoustic alarm as well as alarm notification to mobile phones if the individually adjustable temperature, CO2, O2, or humidity ranges are exceeded
- Active humidity control
- The interior chamber, including all installations and sensors, can be sterilised at +180 °C in a 60-minute programme
Minimising vaporisation and condensation
Active humidity control ensures short recovery times after the door has been opened and minimises vaporisation in the interior. Together with the heating of the interior from all six sides and the heated inner glass door, it offers maximum protection for cell and tissue cultures and avoids the dangerous formation of condensation. The turbulence-free chamber ventilation ensures a constant and uniform atmosphere.
Unrivalled user friendliness
All parameters can be set easily and intuitively both with the operating display and the ControlCOCKPIT or the AtmoCONTROL software. The shutter box can be opened, allowing fast access to controls. Maintenance is possible even if the appliances are stacked. The incubator ICOmed has USB and Ethernet connections as well as a data logger with a ten-year storage capacity. Data can be read and programmes can be uploaded by remote access. Numerous features of the CO2 incubator ICOmed don’t let anything open to be desired:
- Two gas connections with quick release connectors for automatic switch-over of gas bottles
- Electropolished, seamlessly welded chamber
- Electronic control for active humidification and dehumidification (40 to 97 % rh)
- Control of oxygen concentration by introducing nitrogen, adjustment range from 1 % to 20 % O2
A Memmert CO2 incubator offers unique advantages
- User-friendly, intuitive operating concept
- Almost exclusive use of high-quality, corrosion-resistant and easily cleanable stainless steel for the inner chamber and housing
- Precise and homogenous temperature control thanks to a product-specific heating concept
- A wide range of options for reading the data logging using interfaces, integrated data loggers and the AtmoCONTROL software